Who we are
This website is owned and operated by Custom Business Finance Ltd. Registered in England and Wales company number 10526526. Custom Business Finance take your data privacy seriously.
Who is collecting the data
Custom Business Finance is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) for the purposes of handling personal information. Registered number ZA229635. Whenever personal data is held, processed, collected, recorded, stored or disposed of we will comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
The Data Protection Act requires us to process your personal data fairly and lawfully. A copy of our terms and conditions can be sent you on request, (by email to email@example.com) and a copy is sent during the application process. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you permit us to:
- process your personal information for the purposes of managing and progressing your agreement;
- maintain accurate, relevant and up to date records of your personal information;
- disclose your information to such parties and organisations as we believe necessary to process your agreement;
- maintain your records for as long as necessary;
- disclose your information to third parties for the purposes of progressing your agreement;
- contact you regarding other services offered by us if you have opted-in via our website or other marketing activities.
How to unsubscribe
The Data Protection Officer
Custom Business Finance Ltd
The Willows Business Centre
What information is being collected
- Data supplied direct from you by completing the enquiry form on our website:
- your name, email address and phone number.
- Data supplied direct from you by completing an application
- Identity data: includes first name, maiden name, last name, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, passport (copy), driving licence (copy) and utility bills (copy)
- Contact Data: includes residential address, billing address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial Data: includes bank details, details of your income and outgoings, net worth statements
- Transaction Data: includes [details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.]
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Your website browsing activities. Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use our website.
- Your communication, correspondence and marketing preferences with Custom Business Finance.
- Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How is it collected
The data is collected from:
- the information you provide us with on the Enquiry Page of our website;
- the information that you provided us when completing an application.
- additional information that you advise us about to help progress the application;
- Third parties or publicly available sources such as companies house, credit safe, & Experien.
- like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. Cookies are files which contain small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Information on the cookies we use can be found in our cookies policy.
Why is it being collected
We collect your data:-
- To progress your agreement/ application as requested by you;
- To allow us to communication with you regarding the application including updates and progress of the application;
- To allow us to contact the finance lenders to progress your application (a list of the finance lenders can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To comply with our regulatory responsibilities.
- To handle any complaints and pass the data to AFS Compliance.
How will it be used
Your data will be used to:
- Process your application in line with our terms and conditions.
- To pass to AFS Compliance so that they may find the best source of finance based on your circumstances. All documents provided are uploaded to them via a secure portal.
- To communication with you regarding the update and progress of the application.
- To provide aggregated statistical information for analysis to facilitate improvements in our website and marketing activities.
- To handle any complaint (complaints are handled by AFS Compliance and the information will be passed to them)
Automated decision making
Your data is shared with AFS Compliance who may use an electronic system to used personal information without human intervention. Please refer to their website for further information: https://www.afsuk.com/afs-compliance/
Who will it be shared with
We will share your data with;
- Members of staff to progress the application.
- AFS Compliance for them to find the best source of finance for you based on your circumstances.
- Our accountants / auditors
- Our solicitors
- Our IT specialist – www.saasage.co.uk
- Governmental bodies, Police, regulators, enforcement agencies, courts, tribunals and insurers where we are legally bound to do so
- To exercise our own legal rights
- Where we are required to do so for money laundering, prosecution and the prevention and detection of crimes.
- For the protection of our employees
Embedded content from other websites
Our website utilises the wordpress platform – WordPress.com, to publish our website and blogs. These sites are hosted Just Host Me. Who can be contact via http://www.justhostme.co.uk. We use a standard WordPress service to collect anonymous information about users’ activity on the effectiveness of the site and help us to improve it. WordPress requires visitors who want to post a comment to enter a name and email address. We also utilise a number of plugins to word press for security, optimisation and analytical purposes. These may also collect anonymous information.
International transfer of data In certain circumstances,
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
People who contact us via social media
People who email us
- We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email that you send us is within the bounds of the law.
Customer satisfaction surveys
To help improve our services, we may contact you to see whether you wish to participate in an anonymised customer satisfaction survey. If you do not wish to take part in these surveys please contact using the details above.
How long will we retain your data
We will not retain personal information longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is processed, including the security of our processing, complying with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. audit, accounting and statutory retention terms), handling disputes, and for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims in the countries where we do business, subject to the following maximum terms:
- we will keep your enquiry details for 24 months where no service is provided;
- we will keep analytics records for 6 years;
- we will keep client records for 6 years where our services are provided;
- we will keep information relating to a complaint for two years from closure.
How we protect your data
Custom Business Finance is totally committed to keeping your Personal Information secure. We have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration, and ensure it is only accessible by those who have a business need.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely 100% secure. Whilst we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We use a third-party service www.saasage.co.uk to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to our website.
Hardcopies: personal data that is held in paper form is kept in locked cabinets, within locked and alarmed premises and only kept as long as necessary. Paperwork is scanned and then destroyed using a cross cut shredder.
Any hardcopies of documents are sent recorded delivery.
Training: all staff receive annual data protection training and ongoing compliance training.
What rights do you have over your data
- Your right of access – you may ask for a copy of personal data we hold about you.
- Your right to be forgotten – your right to request that we erase personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Your right of rectification – your right to request us to update and correct out of date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you.
- Your right to object – your right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using or holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so.
- Your right to restrict processing – which means we would continue to keep the data secure but would not otherwise be able to use it.
- Your right to data portability – your right to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data that we hold about you in a readable digital format and / or to provide a copy of the data to another organisation.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights stated above, please contact us using the ‘Contact Us’ details shown below.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information ( or to exercise any other rights) however we may charge a reasons fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
If you apply for a role with us, we will collect the following information to enable us to process your application efficiently and provide you with additional information:
- your full name;
- your title;
- your address;
- your telephone number;
- your email address;
- other personal data (Including nationality and gender);
- special category data (used for monitoring purposes, including ethnic origin, religion and sexual orientation);
- any additional information required to process your application (including academic and professional qualifications, career history, skills and experience for the role applied for, your right to work, any disability (optional), and where you saw the vacancy advertisement);
Where we request special category data, you have the option in each case to select ‘other’ or ‘prefer not to say’.
If you are selected for interview, we have a legal obligation to collect and process information which proves your right to work including a work permit, copy of a passport or a copy of a visa.
If the company or substantially all its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of the company may continue to use your Personal Information as in this policy.